Omnilogic

Jun 30, 2015
macon, ga
Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask anyone who owns the Omni logic control panel To please give your honest opinion about the panel. I have been reading of some issues here and there . I have been thinking about upgrading my Goldline . Any opinions would be greatly appreciated as it might help me decide whether to spend the $$$ or not.

Thanks , Jakeman

Hello and welcome back to TFP! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post about the Omnilogic. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.

Yes I only use the mobile app to control my pool
I used the wireless option on both installs as it was not practical to run cat 5 cable but if it were practical I would run the cable as it is a Cheaper option and more reliable than wireless
But I have had no issues with my wireless

JC

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk

I built a 20x40 Inground and installed the omnilogic with wireless adapter. So far I have found it to be worth the money. It's handy to be able to change settings via the App and its practically maintenance free with a SWG. I recommend installing the omnilogic but maybe that's just cuz I like technology. The install was relatively simple if you have any handyman/tech background.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah I guess you could say I have got some technical background I'm been in the industrial/commercial ,electrical/maintenance for 20 years. Yeah I'm like you man I love technology. I wish there was some way to interface with my home automation.

Knj

I'm an engineer (which may bias my opinion) - I have the OmniLogic (upgraded the panel myself this spring), and it works fine, but honestly feels to me like it's still a beta product in some aspects. There are definitely some kinks that need to be worked out as far as the User Interface goes. A few things are a bit confusing, and/or slightly buggy. But nothing has affected the basic operation of the pool (i.e. the filter still reliably runs, I can turn things off and on when I want, even if the button sequences are a bit non-intuitive in my opinion). I have cat5 to the panel and the wired remote panel inside the house which works fine - I think I've read that the wireless controller has some issues?

I saw someone did a more detailed "month-in" review of the omnilogic a while ago, I meant to reply to that with some of my gripes.

In general, if you are technically savvy then I think you'd be fine and probably like it. But for someone who doesn't want to think about these kinds of things and just wants them to work, then you may want to wait for a while until they work out some of the kinks with firmware updates.

Feel free to ask me any specific questions if I can help...

I have one that I installed on my pool
I have also installed one for a friend of mine with no issues. If you have specific concerns I will be glad to try and answer the best that I can
JC

I have omnilogic and I can't get the pool water temp to display. Just showed --• in service mode I can see I get a reading from the sensor which is accurate to my pool thermometer. Any ideas?

I have had the omnilogic for almost a year now. The mobile app is great, though I wish there was more diagnostic information when a failure occurs. I wish there was an easy way for me to enter water readings into the app. There is a way to add them on the web based login, but not through the iphone / ipad app.

One thing i should mention is that over the course of about 6 months the Hayward technician has replaced every internal component. It seemed like any time a minor power glitch occured a different board component would be fried or fuse blown. I had an additional ground rod installed and the internal components have been replaced, but still have an occasional 4a fuse blow.

I would still buy it again without a doubt. i wish the waterproof remote would be released.

Just to chime in, I've had the Omnilogic now since late fall of 2014. This is my first pool so I can't make comparisons, but I'd say it's fine as a pool panel, but I always have had some connectivity issues, and recently made those disappear for the most part by moving my wireless bridge in my pool shed to a better location.

What I DO like is that I can always control the pool while I am outside with my phone, which is always with me. Don't have to go hunting down a remote, or go to the panel itself. If you are having an issue with something, however, the phone or ipad versions don't really tell you anything. In fact, if you are having connectivity issues, the apps tend to just display the last known settings. I lost my signal the other day and the filter pump showed turned on to 70% no matter what I did, and changing the settings on the actual panel made no difference.

To me, the problem is that the app and the panel don't continuously talk back and forth. It takes several seconds and sometimes minutes for the panel to communicate changes to the device. So, if you make changes to the pool operation from a distance, with the delay, you might not actually get the response you are hoping for.

I was in Mexico recently and in the process of Slamming my pool back in Texas. I had forgot to set the pump to run all night, and since it normally doesn't run from about midnight to morning, I decided to turn the pump on. As an experiment, I made the pump changes with my iphone, and watched on my Ipad to see if those changes actually happened.

I just ordered the HL-CHEM system, which I will be adding to my system to automate the addition of liquid Chlorine (using a Rolachem 12 GPD pump) and Haywards AC003 (carbon dioxide solenoid and regulator with an injector). According to the folks at Hayward, this should work well through the Omnilogic, and when I'm logged into the actual Omnilogic signin page, rather than just the app, I will be able to see the status of the pool's ORP and PH, and know when it is dispensing chemicals.

Back to my opinion about the Omnilogic, I'd say it is a mixed opinion because I think it could be better, but I'm not sure that means there is something better out there on the market.

Cheers,
Mark

I am in the middle of my pool install. My electrician handled all of the wiring, but I ran a cat5e to it myself and have done most of the initial programming. I haven't experienced any connectivity issues with it so far, but I am still in the early stages of using it and waiting for salt to be added to my pool to start really scheduling the pump. I wish there was a networked lighting module or similar to what's available with the pro logic system to allow for more light show options. Apparently they are working on that, but no eta. I plan on adding the HL-CHEM and an acid dispenser in the future, as well as incorporating my landscape lighting when the yard is finished.

I have the same issue with the water temp as DIYPooler. Shows fine when the pump is running, but when not I can only see it in Service Mode.

Hey guys, I see this is an older post, but had a question about setting up the Omnilogic (registering it). I keep getting an error when I enter the MSP system ID. I copied it directly from inside the system information on the OmniLogic but for some reason it shows invalid when I attempt to register. Anyone else have this issue?

The exact error message is: "The MSP System ID you have input was not found. please input a valid MSP ID"

Thanks!

Hey guys, I see this is an older post, but had a question about setting up the Omnilogic (registering it). I keep getting an error when I enter the MSP system ID. I copied it directly from inside the system information on the OmniLogic but for some reason it shows invalid when I attempt to register. Anyone else have this issue?

The exact error message is: "The MSP System ID you have input was not found. please input a valid MSP ID"

Thanks!

to register your MSP you must be connected to the internet.
if you are not then you get the 'Invalid' reply.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.