Bacon Explosion

I saw that too and sent it to my wife. She said that it didn't look like it would be that good. :scratch:

Whatever!!!

This is bacon we're talking about. Sheesh!!!! What's not to like!

EVERYTHING TASTES BETTER WITH BACON :-D :whoot: :cheers: There was an article in this morning papers highlighting recipes using PORK BELLIES :goodjob: Apparently a lot of HI end chefs are coming up with exotic naming dishes using bacon and pork bellies..... Yummmmmm :-D

This deal originated in Kansas City....figures. Anyway, a fundraiser was held this summer, humbly titled "BaconFest". Pretty much everything you could get your hands on had bacon in it, all free samples, since the price of admission went to a charity.

Bacon ice cream, bacon/cherry tarts, pizza, the whole nine yards. Believe it or not, the bacon ice cream was pretty impressive.

The main event was a bacon eating contest. 6 lbs of cooked bacon in front of contestants, and I think the winner consumed only 3. Barf.

Anyway, the authors of said recipe were there to provide samples. Logs of bacon.

WOW.

I realize this is an old post but it caught my eye. For the record - I love bacon...

My mom got some bacon jelly beans for my brother in law last Christmas. I was dared to eat one. Figured -"how bad could it be?" Let me tell you it was one of the worst things I have ever tasted. And it was one of those tastes that linger... I can still taste it...

I'll stick with the real thing from now on.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.