Arkansas

Jul 2, 2015
Conway AR
Hello, just introducing myself as the page suggested. I live in Conway Arkansas and have a concrete pool (18'x32"X6.25 FT avg depth) at about 27,000 gallons. It's a very old concrete pool with a SWG (which I hear are incompatible with concrete), which I am sure will cost me an arm and a leg at some point. The blue coating is starting to flake off, the pool capstones are coming loose, the underwater light was already disconnected due to wiring concerns by previous owner. They've had divers in the pool to inspect it every other year and say that it is fine, but I'm not so sure. Anyway, looking forward to learning as much as I can so that I can be a smart consumer when it comes time repair it.

Welcome to TFP. Sounds like you may have a few DIY projects to do in the future. :) No worries, lots of people here to assist.

If you haven't heard already, the proper test kit (i.e. TF-100 – link below) is the foundation of your pool care. Why this kit? We've learned through personal experience that you cannot reply on pool store testing, test strips, or simple over-the-counter kits. They simply do not read Free Chlorine (FC) or Cyanuric Acid (CYA) levels accurately or to the high levels we need. If you do not have a TF-100 or Taylor K2006 test kit, it should be your #1 priority.

Also, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later.

Welcome, and have a great day.

welcome to TFP!
Sounds like a nice pool to me.

Even though there might be a few things to do, the good news is that your Saltwater system (SWG) IS compatible with a plaster pool. No problems at all!

FWIW, depending on who you talk to, SWG doesnt play well with some types of soft natural stone,

SO dont cough up an arm and a leg for anything related to having a saltwater pool. Save them for other things!