Aquabot Left Out in the Rain. Won't move

Jul 2, 2015
Chesterland, Ohio
Hi. I accidentially l eft my Aquabot Turbo-T out in the rain. The fuse blew and I replaced it. The fuses still have a tendency to blow, but usually it can stay on to start. But now when I start the unit it moves very slowly or not at all. Also the fan doesn't seem to be spinning very fast or even at all sometimes. I checked the voltage and it fluctuates between 36v and 0v AC. Is the voltage supposed to be constant or is it supposed to fluctuate on and off? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Since the robot is designed to be submerged I don't see how rain would have affected it, unless you left the power supply out and it got water intrusion. If that's the case then you should have removed the cover and dried it out completely before plugging it back in.

You can still try drying it out, but there may be damage to the internals now.

So I aired it out with a blower on it for 2 days. Now when the power supply will turn on, but blows immediately when it tries to start the cleaner. So I bought a used PS on eBay. The same exact thing happens. So apparantly the cleaner is blowing the fuse to the power supply. Any suggestions?

I found the following information on the troubleshooting page here

MOST COMMON AQUABOT TROUBLESHOOTING PROBLEMS 1) Power cord has a broken wire between motor and handle clamp.
2) Broken or loose drive belt(s). Worn wheel, stepped rollers and drive gear bushings will cause a loose belt. Always replace bushings and rollers with the belts.
3) Plug end is worn or broken.
4) On older Aquabots, water in the terminal well corrodes the wires on both the cord and pump causing breakage.
5) Bad timer in power supply causing no or erratic operation.
NEVER buy a new pump BEFORE inspecting the wire ends on the old pump for breakage
Test all wires with a continuity test. It is easy to do and must be done with the robot and transformer UNplugged.

So in my haste, ignorance, and machoness, I took the pump apart instead of removing it from the unit. Of course oil spilled all over the place. That being said, it smells very electrical. Like a burnt motor. All wires are sealed. Nothing is exposed. I took off the motor to see if I can get in to the box to check the wiring. Everything is sealed up. It looks like the box has a large white screw cap. I don't want to mess with it without talking to you guys first since I already messed up the pump.

I think I have some compressor oil to fill the pump up. I read that is good for it. One question though, should the pump be completely full? Like submerging it in oil? or just the motor end? Thanks again!

- - - Updated - - -

FYI... Now I am thinking that the fact that I left it out in the rain was coincidental. I believe the pump or motor to be bad and that is what is blowing my fuses. The fuse does not blow until I start the robot.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.