New Intex notice few pinhole size leak

May 24, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
I bought a 22'x52" intex ultra frame which I took down since it wasn't leveled. I stored it for 3 days and installed in on the new leveled ground. Filled water about 1/2" and while removing wrinkles I notice about 3 pinhole size leak in different areas of the bottom pool. I have already patch them from outside/inside. My question is if I miss any will the weight of the water take care of them since they are so small about needle size?

I wish Intex would make the bottom thicker to avoid issues like this.

If anything, the extra pressure from the water weight may make them leak more. Hopefully you don't have any more. Do you have any idea how they got there?
I wish Intex would make the bottom thicker to avoid issues like this.
Well, you buy price when you buy Intex. From hundreds of forum reports, you have to accept Intex quality and learn that savings upfront may result in spending later.

....... Well, you buy price when you buy Intex........
+1

I love my 18' x 48" Ultra Frame, but I consider it a "starter pool". Now that I understand how to properly care for a pool (thank you TFP) I am comfortable investing in a better hard wall AGP when this one finally "gives up the ghost".

Dom

You can likely buy an entire new pool for the price of a liner. Then you'll have an extra set of frame pieces to replace those that will eventually rust out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.