Help, pool is going crazy. Nothing works.

emil

Oct 21, 2014
Tujunga, CA
Hi guys,

I have Jandy equipment with a Zodiac Aqualink remote. Today when I turned on the remote, it wouldn't connect to the system. It just stays stuck at the waiting screen. Then 20 minutes ago the pool switched to spa mode, the spa turned on by itself! I went to the control station and none of the buttons were responding. I called my pool guy and he said to put it into service mode and he'll stop by tomorrow. Also, this past Sunday and Monday, the spa turned on by itself around 1am. The first night it was just the spa light, then the next night the jets were on. I can tell because I have security cameras and I checked the footage.

Since I trust the experts here at TFP, what do you guys think could be going on?

I don't have any programs that would turn on the spa by itself. Only the pool filter is programed to go on daily. I changed the batteries in the remote but that didn't help.

Below is a picture of my remote and control station, the control station picture is before the spa turned on by itself.

I'm sorry, most of us can't answer these questions unless we have those systems. Perhaps someone with one can point you in the right direction. I have pentair, and it can be equally frustrating I promise.

Iissues like this usually indicate that the control board in the system is going and needs to be replaced. If you decide to replace it, pay attention to the existing board you have. There are two different boards, one with a large ship port and one with the smaller one.

Also just as an FYI, the system you have is older and you should weigh the cost of replacing the board versus replacing the entire system with something newer that would carry you forward for a long time.

Iissues like this usually indicate that the control board in the system is going and needs to be replaced. If you decide to replace it, pay attention to the existing board you have. There are two different boards, one with a large ship port and one with the smaller one.

Also just as an FYI, the system you have is older and you should weigh the cost of replacing the board versus replacing the entire system with something newer that would carry you forward for a long time.

Thanks for the info. Interesting you say this is an older system. My pool was built 6 months ago.

I'm not thinking that is an older Jandy. The PDA in your picture is the new PDA.

Did you leave the PDA out in the rain? Did it fall into the pool? If it did or you think it did open it up and bury it in rice for a couple of days --- that may solve the problem.

If your pool is six months old the Jandy equipment is still under warranty -- so call the PB and have one of their service techs come out and figure out what is wrong. Then if u need a new mother board its on them.

I'm not thinking that is an older Jandy. The PDA in your picture is the new PDA.

Did you leave the PDA out in the rain? Did it fall into the pool? If it did or you think it did open it up and bury it in rice for a couple of days --- that may solve the problem.

If your pool is six months old the Jandy equipment is still under warranty -- so call the PB and have one of their service techs come out and figure out what is wrong. Then if u need a new mother board its on them.

Thanks for the info ya'll. The PDA lives in the house, it never became wet, etc. It has to be something else, why would the pool functions turn on vy themselves?

How can I tell the age of the system, is there a date on the control station?

The guy who installed the equipment is coming out today, lets see what he says.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for the info. Interesting you say this is an older system. My pool was built 6 months ago.

I clicked on your picture for a closer look. I made the mistake thinking it was an older unit. Didn't know the pool was built 6 months ago. That does make a difference. It would still be under warranty if it is new.

Some PB's don't do warranty work so you might have to go direct to Jandy or the PB should get them involved.

Update: Pool guy came tonight, he reset the system. Everything works good now. He suspects that the electronic circuit board might be overheating, it's been 100F + here for a couple of weeks. I'll look into building some sort of cover for the control system.

Well the pool magically works today. The pool guy will come back on Monday. I tried calling Jandy today but they were closed; will call again Monday.

- - - Updated - - -

The PDA was never dropped and I don't have a separate spa remote.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.