Layton. Utah
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Did the mad scientist thing, with the aide of my daughter, who at 12 liked the color changes, and liked watching/helping with the basic 2 tube test...

SO here we go.....

16X48 Above Ground, been up a week now, tried the SWG, and I dont think its going to work, because my Calcium is probably to high, and it just coats the electrodes after about 5 hrs of running.....So unless there is an awesome way to cure that, i think its out......Came across a deal on a Sand filter, added it in last night, then a "dry" storm pushed through.....this morning things actually didnt look to bad, considering the wind and stuff blowing around....

Ok Results

This morning I just did the 2 tube....
Cl 0,
PH 7.8

Added some more acid 1/8th gallon and put a whole bag of shock in it this time....about 45 min apart....came back and tested 90 min later, filter running roughly 11 am

Cl 7
Ph 7.2

Ok so then I got the test out when it came in the mail
Now at 630 pm, with a day of swimming (man this pool has been busy)

PH 7.2
Cl 1
2 tube

TA 130-150 Lost track of my drops lol
Cal 525
FC 1.5
CC .5
TC 2
CYA never registered full tube

So where to start??? I am guessing I am doing ok with adding the acid I am, as the PH seems to be pretty close in range.
Keeping the CL levels??? its been hot and sunny as can be around here, so i am guessing i need to add some CYA in a sock to let it mix??
My TA looking ok?? and that bit of CC??

Thanks for the help.....and the water looks ok, not to cloudy, but not crystal like i have seen on here soooo

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.