Nighthawk224

Jun 2, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
Greetings from Gilbert, AZ!

First time pool owner here, bought a new house first of May that came with a gorgeous pool. Previous owner seemed to really keep it up and it has stayed crystal clear ever since. A little history, about a week after closing (and knowing nothing about pools and not having much time to research), I noticed the sides and floor becoming green. I knew this was not a good sign and have a friend who has a pool service business. So to get us through the moving and settling process, I hired him to take care of the chemicals. He showed me the daily and weekly things I need to do (clean out filters, skim and brush) and what to look out for. He just had to discontinue service here because we were his only clients way down here in Gilbert. This does not scare me like it would have just a month or two ago. I have purchased and am using the TF-100 test kit and found the chlorine and CYA to be high and the pH low. So there will be some adjustments that need to be made. The pool guy has already recommended at the end of the summer, we should drain and refill the pool and he would help us do that, mostly since we don't know when it was last done and because of the high CYA level.

It's a process and I have been lurking and reading up on this site to get the correct information and supplies.

Attachments

• Pool.jpg
    Pool.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 21