Info gathering / saving for a pool. Feedback would be great.

Jun 20, 2015
Maryland
Hi,

I found this site when my wife and I started kicking around the idea of putting in a pool. We have been lurking and reading posts for a couple weeks now.

Our backyard has about a 25 foot long / 40 degree up hill slope. At the top of the slope is about a 1/4 acre of mostly flat ground. We figured putting in a pool would make the most out of our yard. We would eventually add stairs up the hill to connect the pool with our house. So at this point we are in the info gathering / saving phase and need some knowledge from those that have been through the process.

We live in Maryland and would love to hear from anyone that has put in a pool recently. We are looking for a standard rectangle shaped pool with the standard decking size and either gunite or fiberglass.

Where to start? (A build seems like it can be a daunting task)
Who did you work with and what was your experience?
What is a ballpark price?
Better to build in certain seasons?

We literally have no pool knowledge other than scouring your site so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

chaz

I'm not in Maryland but have some experience with putting a fiberglass pool in on an unusable sloped yard...pictures in my signature.

As for how much pools cost? I'd start thinking about $50k (tree removal, lots of decking, etc) and if your pool builder can bring it in cheaper you can have extra money for landscaping and pool toys :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.