New Home Owner/Pool Dilemma.

20150706_201836.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well what can i say... out of one mess and into another!

Yesterday the landscaping guys came over. Did the lawn. While they were doing the backyard they sprayed my pool with grass. Its a mess right now. Running the filter doesn't work. Its choked! No pressure is built up at all.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a DE filter

Leaf net and fast. Check and clear your skimmer basket and your pump basket of the grass clippings. I would also call the lawn company and let them know that if they EVER did this again they would be FIRED!

Let me know what the baskets look like when you get done.

Kim

First of wanted to say thanks for the continued help.

After 1.5 days of continuous skimming the grass. I took apart the DE filter cleaned it. Filter is cleaned. Baskets are cleaned. Surface is 90% clean. Only the bottom is messy. I did the pH test today. The shade was in the 7.8 mark. Is that good?

Quite a busy weekend for me!!

After slugging out for 1.5 weeks in the heat, my pool is almost clean. Just a little bit more to go. So for testing the water, I looked at the guide at the top, for TC/FC test it said the to use the liquid R-0001/R-002. But i checked my kit, it doesn't even have to two solutions. Are there alternatives in the box to use for the test?

And two more questions:
1. After cleaning the mess, i know my DE Filter has surely taken a pounding, should i recharge my DE?
2. For the chlorine/bromine feeder, what should i do with that? I dont think it has any chlorine/bromine in it?

I am too lazy to go back and look so what test kit are you using? I use the Taylor 2006 so do not have the drop test kit for the TC.

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

oops forgot the feeder. Look inside it and make sure there are no pucks in it.

You do not need to do anything to it. You can leave it inline and use it with pucks when you go out of town or such. It will not hurt anything to leave it empty when it is not in use.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.