Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question concerning The Pool Calculator

1. Back To Top    #1

Question concerning The Pool Calculator

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but there seems to be a discrepancy regarding the PH calculations.
    I have 10500 gallons entered in the size box. If I enter a PH of 7.8 in the goal box and 7.9 in the now box, the results say to add 2.4oz of 31.45% MA which I assume will adjust the PH to the goal of 7.8.
    If I go to the Effects of Adding Chemicals area down below and enter 2.4oz of 31.45% MA, the results show a reduction in PH of -0.04. This would result in a PH of 7.86 from the original 7.9.
    Am I doing something wrong? Which is correct? Can somebody clarify this?
    I don't mean to make any waves so don't take this wrong. I know a lot of time and effort was put into The Pool Calculator.
    Thanks
    My pool is a 10,500 gallon (420 Sq Ft ) kidney shape. A hand made sheer decent waterfeature. STA-RITE HRPB30, Sand filter 30" 98 GPM,
    1 HP Maxi-Glas 2 pump, BBB Method, Taylor K-2005 test kit, 50 Watt 12V low-voltage pond light illuminates the pool at night for a nice soft glow.
    250 gallon stand-alone hot tub. Got it FREE!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question concerning The Pool Calculator

How much acid you need depends on your current TA. The adjusting PH section takes your current TA level into account. The effects of adding chemicals section assumes your TA is around 100.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School