Intex pump hoses

Jun 22, 2015
Mount Plesant, SC
Amazon.com: Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 110-120 Volt with GFCI, 2100 Gallon: Patio, Lawn Garden

Will the screw on hoses that come with the intex pumps like above fit on standard 1 1/2 inch ends if you use a hose clamp. The manuals on intex's site say they will, but I have seen several things about using adapters or chainging the inlets out for intex inlets when adding the pumps to non intex pools. But, if you have 1 1/2 inch connections I don't see why you need an adapter or new inlet, excluding the summer escapes skimmer adapter. Also, do all the Intex sand pumps use 1 1/2 inch pipes? I think they do, but I don't want to buy one and find out I was wrong. Thanks.

My fitting are 1.5" I am using a 1.5" hose now from the inlet to the summer escapes pump. But, these are not scew on fittings. It just uses normal hose clamps. Does the screw on collar of the intex hoses just slide back and allow you to use it as a normal hose with a hose clamp? The online manually seems to suggest that, but I have never seen a picture of it done.

You can slide the nut back and just use a hose clamp. You cannot remove the nut from the hose though. Your other option would be to check the pool dept at Lowes and Home Depot to see if they have any pool hose without the nuts.

- - - Updated - - -

Just popped into my head, but it will only fit flush with the end of your connection. You would have to find a hose slightly larger to go over where you want to connect it to so you could clamp it.

You can slide the nut back and just use a hose clamp. You cannot remove the nut from the hose though. Your other option would be to check the pool dept at Lowes and Home Depot to see if they have any pool hose without the nuts.

- - - Updated - - -

Just popped into my head, but it will only fit flush with the end of your connection. You would have to find a hose slightly larger to go over where you want to connect it to so you could clamp it.

So, an Intex hose won't go over the same size pipe that any other 1.5" hose will go over? Or, are you saying a normal 1.5" inch hose won't go over the connection on the intex sand pump and that would need an adapter, which I know they have on amazon? I am really only interesting in if the intex hose will slide over and clamp to a pipe that a normal 1.5" inch hose would work on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.