90 degree under skimmer

May 6, 2015
Las Cruces, NM
Hey guys,

I have a cracked 90 degree under my skimmer. Im attempting to 'patch' it with epoxy. I havent been able to stop it yet. Ill try a layer of a plus b next...

But if I cant stop the leak: Is it possible / has anyone removed the plumbing from the skimmer box? How nice it would be if I could back out the threaded 2" that is connected to the skimmer and replace some pipe from there.

There is not enough room to cut and replace pvc between this first 90 and the skimmer box.

If all of the above fails: Im looking at having to replace my skimmer box just to simply replumb that 90?

Thanks!

It sounds like you've accessed the bottom of the skimmer from the outside. If that's the case then you can probably unscrew the threaded adapter, screw a new one in and replace the plumbing from there. Hopefully they didn't 'glue' the adapter in place.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.