New Pool Owner Oklahoma

Jul 1, 2015
Tulsa, OK
I'm from Tulsa inherited an above ground pool and I have been struggling to get it up. :(
Cannot afford a "professional" if I could I would sure them call.
I've enlisted others to no avail:confused: many said they would come but never showed up. (how rude) I was going to pay them too.
I think the filter or system I have is very older. I can't see the setting on the machine. I'm so thankful to whomever started this site
as I've seen so many things on here already.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Filter Brand.jpg
    Filter Brand.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Filter Top.jpg
    Filter Top.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Overall Pic.jpg
    Overall Pic.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 52
Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: We have lots of experts who would happy to help you. What questions do you have: How to operate your system? How to maintain the water? Something else? Just let us know and you'll have more replies than you care to read. :) And we don't even charge you!

Also, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later.

Welcome to TFP!

If you don't already have one, you will need a good test kit to properly manage your pool. Here is a comparison of the Recommended Test Kits.

While you are waiting for your kit to arrive, here are some resources to give you an overview of managing your pool using our methods:
1. ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry
2. Chlorine CYA Chart
3. Recommended Pool Chemicals
4. Recommended Levels
5. Pool Math

If you follow this advice, you will wonder why you ever considered having to hire a "professional" pool guy. There are just two chemicals I primarily use to maintain my pool: Liquid bleach and muriatic acid. It really can be that simple.