Concrete Block Pool, What do you use for plumbing?

Jun 30, 2015
WA
We are currently building a small in-ground concrete block pool (2300 gallons). About 2.5 feet are underground and the other 1.5 feet is above the ground. The wall fittings for filter/heater, we were going to drill out a hole through the block and run the fitting through the block. Then we can attach the filter hose on the portion of pipe on the outside. We were planning to use a boat hull drain fitting (see picture below), these are almost long enough to extend all the way out the other side of the block without adding another pipe to extend it. The blocks will be filled with concrete so we want to get them installed before that. Anyone that built one of these pools, what did you use and how did it work out?

attachment.php

Attachments

• $_12.JPG
    $_12.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 122
Hello! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post. Not sure if this was related to our recent web site problems, but I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.

I simply insert a 1.5" pvc pipe through the block. You can then buy the correct pool fittings (eyeballs) that will glue nicely to the 1.5" pipe.....that's all standard.

On the outside, you can continue the 1.5"pipe back to the pump if you like or, again using standard PVC fittings, reduce the 1.5" as required.

If it was my pool, I would use 1.5" pipe all the way back to the pump on the suction side, and then use i" or even 3/4" on the pressure side.

I simply insert a 1.5" pvc pipe through the block. You can then buy the correct pool fittings (eyeballs) that will glue nicely to the 1.5" pipe.....that's all standard.

On the outside, you can continue the 1.5"pipe back to the pump if you like or, again using standard PVC fittings, reduce the 1.5" as required.

If it was my pool, I would use 1.5" pipe all the way back to the pump on the suction side, and then use i" or even 3/4" on the pressure side.

That seems simple enough, thanks for the advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.