Intex SWG troubles

Elle

May 16, 2007
Northern NY
We've had an intex SWG with great results for the past 3 years or so. This year ours wasn't working and I ordered a new one off amazon. So far it doesn't seem to be working and I'm not sure if it's this particular SWG or something diff with the new ones they are making. I ran it yesterday for 10 hrs and only have .5 chlorine levels. The pool is clear with no signs of algae and we've had the cover on the whole time. The old one I used to run for 3-4 hrs and would have no problems keeping chlorine leveled where they should be.
This is the model we just bought.
Amazon.com : Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System (Discontinued by Manufacturer) : Swimming Pool Chlorine Alternatives : Patio, Lawn Garden

We are leaving for a camping trip now but my plan is to return it after we get back but wanted to check here for help first.

Clear water does not always mean no algae. If your pool spent some time with FC below minimum level there could definitely be algae in the pool and the SWG will not be able to keep up with it. My pool has been perfectly clear for 3 years and I had algae a few weeks ago that took a week to SLAm and the water stayed clear the whole time.

Raise FC up to 10 ppm with bleach, turn off the SWG and Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT) to see if there is organic matter in the pool consuming FC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.