Home Depot HDX Germicidal Bleach

It's intended to compete with Clorox brand concentrated bleach that is 8.25% so you should assume it is similar. The MSDS often gives a range because it relates to safety and not a guarantee of product concentration.

From the Home Depot website this link to this MSDS that shows 8.25% as the intent though the ingredients range does say 6% - 9% in case the product degrades or is newer in manufacture so is higher. Again, assume 8.25% unless the product is older. This table will tell you roughly how quickly 12.5% chlorinating liquid and 8.25% bleach decomposes over time as a function of temperature.

the germicidal bleach from home depot is what I am using. I compared the cost in the outdoor bleach (5%) $1 per jug than the germicidal (8.25%). Home depot is hoping you buy the outdoor, more expensive and not as powerful because it says outdoor.

the germicidal bleach from home depot is what I am using. I compared the cost in the outdoor bleach (5%) $1 per jug than the germicidal (8.25%). Home depot is hoping you buy the outdoor, more expensive and not as powerful because it says outdoor.

Just make sure that you NEVER use "outdoor" bleach because "outdoor" and "splash-less" bleaches contain thickeners that cause foaming when used in pools.

AND check the date codes!

There was a member that bought $80 worth of "water" as the bleach was so old it was useless. They did give her money back when she brought back all of the jugs and receipt to show them how old it was.

Kim

the germicidal bleach from home depot is what I am using. I compared the cost in the outdoor bleach (5%) $1 per jug more than the germicidal (8.25%). Home depot is hoping you buy the outdoor, more expensive and not as powerful because it says outdoor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.