Meridian, MS
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello all, I have been lurking this site for the last couple of months as my pool build progressed. I have listed my pool particulars in my signature so I will not re-list them. We put the water in this past weekend, and the salt. I have ordered my TF-100 kit, and it should arrive Thursday. I have a little experience with a 24' above ground with an Intex chlorine generator, so I have a lot to learn. My PB did have the Taylor K-1766 salt test kit, and it says my salt is at 3400 ppm. Using an Aquachem test kit for CL- 1.5 and BR- 3.4, pH was 7.8. I am looking forward to picking your brains and trying to learn alot along the way. Any input or comments are greatly appreciated.:D

Welcome to the forum. If you've lurked a couple of months, I hope you are familiar with Pool School and the chlorine/cya chart there. Also the recommended levels for your type of pool. Have fun!

Post pics of the new pool so we can gawk.

Thanks, woodyp, I have been reading as much as I can, i have read the "A,B,C's" and have read and printed the charts to go in a binder that I am going to use to track the results of my testing, can't have enough documentation. I see in your sig that you have the Speed Stir, I ordered one as well, I thought that it would be easier to count the drops on some of the tests if I was not distracted by making sure I did not spill the sample while shaking it :lol:.

I am going to try photobucket to post pictures, if they work, you will see that my work has just begun, as my yard looks like it has been "shot at and missed, and sh*t at and hit...