Marathon RBO53 variable speed motor?

Hey all, long story short my original 1hp motor died at the end of last season and I brought it to a local small engine shop for them to fix/replace. They ended up replacing it with a 3/4hp motor and I didn't realize it until pool opening. I'm getting very low pressure readings, it makes a ton of noise and my electric bill is about $300/mo higher than non pool season.

I went into my local pool store to inquire about variable speed pumps and they recommended the Marathon RBO53. It has high, medium and low settings so I'm guessing running it on low would save quite a bit on the electric bill. He also told me it runs silent and would work with the wet end of the pump I already have, I could just unscrew my current motor and screw the marathon on.

Anyone have feedback on this motor? Would I be better off looking at a different option? Appreciate the help!

Hello! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post about the VS motor. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.