Pool in construction - pool equipment to use? Salt? BBB? Mineral?

PoolboyPedro

Jun 30, 2015
Peachtree City
The contractor wants to know what system I would prefer - salt or mineral (Frog). I've read some here and seems like the BBB is pretty straight forward. He is saying that people are having problems years down the road when using salt due to corrosion and buildup on stone surfaces...
I'm thinking have the Frog system installed and use its filter but do the whole BBB for my water. It is concrete and going to have Pebbletec about 17x34 ft. Heater will be installed as well. Thanks -

Pete

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

Skip the frog, you do not want the "minerals" which is actually copper which after a wild can cause nice stains on your pool and turn blonde hair green.

Give us a little more information on your "stone" and we can give more information on the SWCG option.

You definitely won't have saltwater issues with any concrete products around your pool. There is potential to have issues with natural stone but it isn't certain. We are 3 years in with flagstone and saltwater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.