YAY!!! 380 Rebuild kit finally delivered :)

NeedMoreSun

LifeTime Supporter
My wife has surgery tomorrow, and I can't start on it right now other than the old one half disassembled already, but any "Gotcha" issues I need to keep in mind when I start? Old one is very old and once I totaled up even just the things I OBVIOUSLY needed the full rebuild kit was cheaper than individual parts or the tune up kit and still need a few more parts.

Keep in mind I work on servers and even our Level 1 IT support knows to keep me AWAY from working on my own laptop because I WILL break every plastic tab that exists!!!

If no "Watch out for" tips I'll just shout if I need it, when I get to it, or when I break it, lol.

Thanks!

Hello! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post about the rebuild. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day. PS - Hope your wife is doing well. :)

Search youtube for videos. I know there is one for doing the rebuild kit on the 280, it might help. Saw one for replacing the drive belt on the 380 too. Hopefully a $140 rebuild kit will have it running like new! Take pictures as you take it apart so you know where things go, in which order, and in what direction. :)

Awesome, that was much easier than I expected :) It only took me maybe 30-40 minutes. It's zipping around the pool just fine now! No wonder the previous homeowners had it set to run 4 hours a day though, since it was barely working at all. With six days of no cleaner at all and no vacuuming it cleaned everything but one spot it missed in 45 minutes, so I don't think anything more than an hour a day will be needed now. It's in an enclosure, so the majority of anything is leaves off the wife's ferns and things planted in the enclosure if the wind picks up.

I didn't find ONE good bearing in the old one, most were missing multiple ball bearings, and one of the bearings for one of the gears was gone and just floating in mid air. I can only assume there's a small ball bearing collection down under my main drain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.