Dolphin Diagnostic Deluxe 4 vs Oasis Z5

Apr 1, 2014
New Jersey
Hi All -

Just wanted some opinions / feedback on these two models:

Dolphin Oasis Z5 Pool Cleaner | The Future of the Dolphin Pool Cleaners | Epic Pool Supply

Dolphin 96351 Deluxe 4 Robotic Pool Cleaner

I'm strongly thinking about making an investment here and wanted to get your thoughts. The only reason I'm even really looking at the Diagnostic 4 from Leslie's is because the store is literallly 2 miles away from me and the pool wizard over there highly recommended it, said this particular model was "designed / re-designed" for Leslie's so that they can fix them in house. He mentioned that they have gone away from a myriad of robotic cleaners and narrowed it down to this model and a much cheaper entry point (I forget which exactly) because of their proven longevity over however many years yadda yadda. I'm just trying to figure out if this is all sales talk and the Z5 is light years better than the Diagnostic or perhaps the fact that I can drive 5 minutes and have it fixed if need be outweighs whatever additional features the Z5 has. Both, as I understand it, have a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty on them.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

The Z5 is much more advanced between those 2 choices. I think Leslie's is grossly over-charging for that cleaner. (Edit: I think that Deluxe 4 is at least a 4 year old model ... robots are rapidly improving)

Although admittedly, I have not done much research on this subject for a few years.

There are a lot of threads discussing and comparing robots that you can search for.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.