Does High FC Throw Off pH Numbers?

wjaneala

LifeTime Supporter
May 17, 2015
Cullman, AL
So, I decided to do a SLAM since it seems like I have algae creeping back every time I think it's gone. Since the other day when I ran the auto cleaner to get rid of what I thought was dirt/pollen on the entire surface of the pool, my deep end is now green. I really thought I had this beat, but I guess not. Anyway, I've raised my FC up to my shock level of 24, and it's holding right now. Just for kicks, I checked the pH, and it was at least 8.2. Is that just because of the shock level? Or do I have a bigger problem?

FC 24
CC .5
CYA 60
pH 8.2
CH 200

Thanks, Jason. So here's an odd question..I'm doing the SLAM, maintaining the 24 FC right now. I've been brushing the cr*p out of the pool, but I can't reach the middle of the bottom of the deep end with my brush. I'd say there's a a good 18 inch perimeter around the bottom drain that I can't reach. Is that going to cause the SLAM not to work?

Agreed that you need to get a longer pole. This will not only help with the slam, but with long term maintenance. You should brush your pool regularly, and if there is a large area you always miss, it might cause you some long term aggravation.

You all can order your "I'm with Stupid" t-shirts now, with the fingers pointed directly at me. I thought I had my pole extended as far as it would go, but it was only stuck. I got a good extra two feet on it today. w00t! NOW the entire pool has been brushed. ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.