Jandy LX 250. AGS error

Hello from Ontario Canada. I have a Jandy LX250. It try's to fire up but stops before heating and flashes "Service AGS". The furnace has been running for about a month with no problems. The only thing that I can think of that has been different is that we have had an ark fall of rain. I have tried t The furnace has been running for about a month with no problems. The only thing that I can think of that has been different is that we have had an ark fall of rain double shooting some things so far but nothing has jumped out defective. School is out… Bad timing for no pool! Any help would be appreciated thank you. I'm heating an 80,500L salt water pool with a Zodiac duoClear 130 system.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to TFP! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post about the AGS error. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.

Make sure all of your burner tubes are free from spider webs etc. You should also make sure the same for the orifices. Also check all of your wiring to make sure that over the winter nothing chewed on them.

Thx for the reply. I had it apart down to but not including the burner tubes. We've had a bout of real wet weather?!?! I will inspect for spiders...I have to check the fusible link but also thought maybe ignito r yet it read 80 ohms or so. Funny thatv'it just stopped running'!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. I looked deeper. I pulled the burner tray and WOW what a mess of black powder! Carbon?? Anyways I visually checked the igniter and then foolishly touched it (to see if it was solid) and ouch....shock! Weird-should only have been warm not energized. I look closed and found the wire shorted against the frame. I'm in the process of replacing it and we'll see from there....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.