RodneyS project draws to a close!

That was definitely one of my considerations when I started this project (the jump factor). This pool was a garden two years ago. I designed and built the wall myself and then hired a "pool guy" to dig and redo the pool. He poured the steps and installed the liner and it was horrific. So I had to get a new pool guy and redo it again this spring. They did an excellent job including getting the stairs fabricated, remolding the bottom, and measuring the liner. So now all there is left to do is enjoy with the fam and test, test, test the TFP way!!!

Welcome to TFP!! Congratulations on your beautiful family retreat! Your pool is beautiful, and I love the pool steps.

You did a fabulous job designing the brick walls! I love different levels of features in landscaping. My favorite besides the pool is the pair of steps on either side of the terrace! Very majestic! And such an inviting space. Enjoy! Suz.

What is the depth profile. From your pic almost looks like a level shallow area then. Step to the deepend. Very interesting. Looks awesome!

It is 3'-2" in the shallow end and when they resurfaced the bottom I had the put a shelf in that I could stand on and have the water up to my chest, since I am 6'-4". It gives me a nice place to stand and enjoy a libation after a long day. So it is around 5'-0" at the shelf. The deep end is around 9'. When the pool was originally built they had a diving board which was removed when they filled the pool full of dirt and planted a garden in it. Maybe this weekend I can upload a few before and after pictures. It definitely has been a "long strange trip" to quote the mantra of this upcoming weekend. WooHoo!

I had to find Hampton on the map. I have friends in Geneseo. Looks great and I like the "libation ledge," you should TM that. I'm too young for the GD, but of all the things I've already lost, I miss my mind the most. Even though that's Ozzy (or Twain) it seems more like a deadhead saying to me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Rodney! That is awesome!

I would love to see the whole story. From when you bought the place, how you knew there was once a pool there, to the bad work, to now. Maybe photobucket?

Kim

Me TOO! It sounds very interesting, and it's such a beautiful set up!

My son is a huge GD fan, especially Jerry Garcia. His main interest is the music, but he enjoys collecting Jerry Garcia ties from the art collection. But my son loves many, many bands from that era, but his all time favorite is Led Zeppelin! :rockon: (just had to give them a plug on behalf of my son....)

Suz.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.