Very fine dust all over my pool :(

Jun 26, 2015
Iowa
I just moved into a house with a pool, it was cloudy when I moved in but I fixed that just by back washing the filter. Crystal clear water :)

Then it rained, very hard. I'm at a bottom of the hill and all sorts of dirt got in. I've been vacuuming to waste for a week now. The heavy dust is all out of the pool now it is just REALLY SUPER light dust. Barely getting close to it and all the dust moves. My water is so brown I can only see the first step of my pool. Do I just continue trying to vacuum or is there something else I can do?

I ordered a robot but it won't be here for another two weeks as they are on back order.

A pic of your pool water would be very helpful.

Do not be discouraged if your pool is still brown after several days. Your filter should be running 24/7 and you should be brushing, backwashing, etc.

Well thankfully when I got home I noticed my water is now green instead of brown. So I'm making some headway on getting most of that dirt out as I see it. I got the PH up to 7.2 now, so I'll begin the SLAM shortly. Pictures incoming.

I vacuumed about three hours ago, the stair was completely covered in dirt, now, just a bit is left.

1Google Photos

2Google Photos

Before I went to bed, my FC was at 16.2. That was at 10:30pm. I woke up at 6:15am to check my FC again, this time it was at 15.2. I was expecting more of a loss than that. I've been running high FC for awhile now, but not based on SLAM at the time. For the past week I've probably had it around 10FC, but I didn't have my test kit at that time. Only based on the one test I had Leslie's run for me. (wanted the $5 coupon for the free water test)

Water is still the same, green. Didn't get much of a change on the dust level on the stairs though :) usually by morning it is completely covered again. I brushed the sides of the pool this morning before work. I would of done the floor level but I didn't have that much time.

Would post a picture but it looks exactly the same it did last night when I started.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do I wait for my FC to drop back down to normal levels before balancing out everything else?
Yes. Let your FC drift down on it's own. When it goes below 10 ppm, please post a complete set of test results.....you'll probably be done but that last set of results is important.

How does your water look? Got a pic? We love to see 'em if you do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.