7 year pool owner , new member

Jun 30, 2015
macon, ga
hello everybody, I've been a pool owner for seven years and I would like to learn a little more about the chemistry of the pool . So far I have been satisfied and really enjoy hanging out with the family in the pool. Thanks and I will see you on the forum.

Welcome to TFP! Make yourself at home here and read our Pool School page for great info. Many links below as well in my sig. A couple things:

- The proper test kit (i.e. TF-100 – link below) is the foundation of your pool care. Why this kit? We've learned through personal experience that you cannot reply on pool store testing, test strips, or simple over-the-counter kits. They simply do not read Free Chlorine (FC) or Cyanuric Acid (CYA) levels accurately or to the high levels we need. If you do not have a TF-100 or Taylor K2006 test kit, it should be your #1 priority.
- Also, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later.

Look around, and welcome to TFP!