Backwash vv hard to turn

Jun 14, 2015
Petersburg IN
I have a 200 pound Hayward sand filter with the side mounted backwash vv. It is probably about 6-8 years old and recently gotten very hard to turn. I have been thinking about taking it apart to try and clean and lubricate it. Is this practical or am i going to have springs fly everywhere with no hope of reassembly?

I have a 200 pound Hayward sand filter with the side mounted backwash vv. It is probably about 6-8 years old and recently gotten very hard to turn. I have been thinking about taking it apart to try and clean and lubricate it. Is this practical or am i going to have springs fly everywhere with no hope of reassembly?
For the mechanically inclined I would say it should not be too difficult. I would Google the model valve you have and purchase a new spider gasket and take a look at the exploded diagram. Open it up and replace and lubricate the new gasket. It's on my list to do in the near future.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.