Pool Upright Support leaning

We have our 27' round up, water is almost completely filled, and all except one upright is plumb. We've checked repeatedly and the pool water is level within a 1/4" all the way around the pool. Do we ignore this upright or will it cause a concern? We were hoping that as the water filled up, it would move the post where it need to be, but as you can see that post is still leaning in. I'm hoping its just more of an eyesore than anything that will jeopardize the integrity of the pool. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. We are first time pool owners and it's pretty overwhelming!

Attachments

• pool1 (2).jpg
    pool1 (2).jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCN2419.jpg
    DSCN2419.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 172
I am going to have to take your word that it is leaning in. I just do not see it on the pic. Can you use something to show me where to look?

1/4" level??????? You did an AWESOME job of leveling the site! WOW!

Kim

We are pleased with how level it is and how it looks other than that one post, it's really bad out of plumb.....I've attached a photo so you can see just how bad it is. Sorry about the quality of the photo it's hard to take a photo while trying to level with the other hand. We are just wondering if we have to empty the pool and start again because of the amount of lean in that upright. The water level is not even higher at that spot in the pool or we would try lowering the paver block under it. Any advice would be great.

Attachments

• DSCN2424.jpg
    DSCN2424.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 169
You did good with that pic! That really shows it!

You know what? I have never really looked at my uprights using a level. I will do that when I get home today.

How does it feel like in side? Can you fill a dip, crease, lean, etc when you are inside the pool? Does the liner fill "bumped out" in that area?

My gut is saying it is fine. Let me look at my uprights later today and see what I find.

Kim

When we as DIY'ers take-on a project like this, we tend to be our hardest critics. :) Your set-up looks very well done, so hat's-off to you! :salute: Me personally. I can't see the need to justify draining your pool to fix that one support, and that's assuming it even could even be fixed and isn't a manufacture defect. If it was bowing outward I may think differently because I wouldn't want the pool to have a weak spot for water to push-out. But you certainly would think the weight of the water would keep it in-check this way - or as you originally assumed, would've straightened it up (outward). I certainly would've thought the same thing. I would simply monitor it for now and try not to let it influence an otherwise great installation. Balance your water and get in that thing! Enjoy the fruits of your labor. :swim:

Thank-you, that's what I was hoping to hear...just enjoy it! I was keeping my fingers crossed that with the weight of the water as it filled it would move the upright where it was supposed to be, I don't know what we did wrong. We made sure the pool was round and staked it in place while we were setting it up so that shouldn't of been a issue. I guess we just keep a eye on it and hope nothing changes. I just wanted to make sure it was a safe as possible for our kids (3 boys under 10). They have been waiting patiently to try out this pool for the last month!

Okay I am home AND the storms has passed. I just looked at my uprights. NONE of them are "level" straight! There are couple of them were you can see space between the upright and wall. My pool has been up for a couple of years and had NO problems with it.

YOUR pool will be fine! Let those boys in the pool! CANNON BALL!

Do you have a good test kit yet? You will have to so a little searching for find the one you can get up there. They Taylor 2006 is what you can/should buy. Do not get the Taylor 2005.

Kim

THANK YOU!!!! I appreciate you getting back to me, I'm just going to close my eyes from now on when I look at that post! I purchased the Taylor Service Complete Pool Water Test Kit K-2006C for doing my water testing. I liked the reviews on it, figured it would work well for what I need.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No TF-100 for you Kim? I feel differently about you now! Ok, it does the job too!

I needed the colored caps and the way the Taylor is set up. I am VERY visual. I also have a small space to store it so the small box fit right there.

I DO have all of the refills and such from TFP test kits.

Kim (what can I say? I like colors! LOL)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.