Hi - I'm an extreme DIYer

IDoDIY

Jun 29, 2015
Ohio
Hi there!
I'm a DIYer, love extreme projects and I'm not afraid of any of them. But.... I take months to plan and learn before I do any work so everything takes forever...
But hey, some people like to golf, I like learning and working on houses....
:)

DIY all the way! Hardest projects I've completed so far was a timing belt and water pump on a 99 stratus, clutch with a buddy on his 86 4Runner, and replaced head gaskets on my FIL's 93 T100. He thought I was nuts when he walked in the garage and I had three tables full of all the engine top end parts. One of my greatest breakthroughs was when I came into the mindset of "a man made this, I'm a man, I can fix it". I automated my previous propane smoker with a temperature controller and solenoid valve so it would maintain temp on its own without me having to touch it. I'm currently searching and ordering parts to automate my booster pump. I just ordered a couple of time delay relays from China. I'm gonna have a start and stop push button mounted on an enclosure with the relays and a contactor inside. The control voltage will come from the main pump timer. I'll be able to hook the cleaner up, push the start button, and it will run for a set amount of time, then shut off. If the timer shuts off the main pump, it will kill the control voltage to the booster pump and shut it off too. I didn't have much money growing up, so I had to learn how to fix anything I wanted fixed. I worked at an electrical supply house before my current job, so I learned all about industrial controls. The Internet has made a world of difference in the DIY world. If you want to do something, and don't know how, someone has made a video showing how. Electrical, plumbing, or mechanical, and I'm all over it. There's nothing that I can't do, but some things I choose not to do. I just had some septic work done, and I could've done it all for much less than I paid to have it done. Having never done that specific job before, and not wanting my wife yelling at me for taking too long, or not getting something just right motivated me to sub that one out. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk