Help clearing green pool

Jun 29, 2015
graham Texas
Split by moderator from HERE. jblizzle

We have the exact same pool and color of our water !! We don't even understand where to begin or what to have on hand ! I don't know if we should just start dumping bleach or what . Our pump is a 1 3/4 horse power sand filter . It's big . We've tried shocking and vacuuming to no end and back washing and it's still not crystal clear . HELP !

I assume when you say shocking, you are referring to a single application of a bunch of chlorine. You need to get your pool up to shock level and keep it there until it clears. You may have to test every few hours so that you know when to add more. Stick with Bleach or Liquid Chlorine so that you do not wind up with other issues. Do not let up until the water is clear, does not lose chlorine overnight, and has less than .5 ppm of CC.

If you do not have a comprehensive test kit, you need to get one. TF-100 mentioned on this site is the best I have seen.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.