Owned my pool for years but have questions

unome

Jun 29, 2015
Lititz, PA
Hi everyone. I've owned my 18' round AG for 20 years and although it isn't large the water is just as refreshing as the big public pool. LOL
I live in the woods in Northern Lancaster County that create some challenges in pool ownership but all in all it has not been bad. The pool is a homemade unit constructed of 1/2" PT ply, 2X6 framing and turnbuckle tensioned steel cables keeping it round. The pool was built by my father-in-law back in the 70's (yes 1970's :eek:). Not much maintenance required. When I installed it mid-1990's I replaced the top plate (2x6) and added some stainless plates to distribute the cable load. I've had to replace the liner several times due to various things (tree limb once, age once, base sand washout once).
Due to all of my trees keeping it clean requires above average diligence but so it goes. Also all the shade requires external heat.
I have a heater I bought off craigslist over a decade ago and have always had success getting it up and running each season. This season it is being more recalcitrant that normal. Hence my joining your community. I will be asking the WOTL about it and hope to help as well as I can.

Welcome to TFP. Hats-off to you and your family for the "DIY" efforts. Feel free to visit all of the pages on this site. Lots of great info. Some of the most vital links are below in my signature of you need them. And of course .... as we always say here at TFP ..... Don't for get the proper test kit! :) Have a nice evening.