Possible old sequestrant...does it matter?

DanaSC

May 16, 2012
Lexington, SC
I need to add some sequestrant to the pool. We use well water only and I know it's got metals in there, and we're getting some staining that we can't get out of the pool. I checked my container with pool stuff and found something called "Metal free" made by "Natural Chemistry." I don't see any expiration date on it. I don't necessarily mind buying a new thing of it but if this might work okay, I'd rather use it.

Thoughts? If you don't think I should try it, what brand(s) do you recommend?

I need to add some sequestrant to the pool. We use well water only and I know it's got metals in there, and we're getting some staining that we can't get out of the pool. I checked my container with pool stuff and found something called "Metal free" made by "Natural Chemistry." I don't see any expiration date on it. I don't necessarily mind buying a new thing of it but if this might work okay, I'd rather use it.

Thoughts? If you don't think I should try it, what brand(s) do you recommend?

Fortunately I don't have to deal with metals in my water.

Have you read the article in Pool School about metals & sequestrates?

http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/137-metals-in-the-water-and-metal-stains

Dom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.