Stuck, on new AGP install in St. Louis

CGB27

Jun 29, 2015
Moscow Mills, MO
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. I've recently purchased a 21' AGP by Sharkline. I'm doing the install myself. The soil base here is mostly clay. The problem I'm having is a small portion of my base is clean topsoil. The top soil portion has ground water leaching onto it and it's mushy and will not dry out. I had to dig from 0" to 30" to have a level base. With this soft spot I cannot continue building. And regardless of what I do, water will keep seeping out. There was a tree stump near where the ground water is coming from. I've read that people have used Portland cement, I've thought about over digging the soil area and backfilling with crushed rock. I'm not sure how to tackle this. Any thoughts?

That sounds like a big problem. That wet area will never dry until the water in that 30" above the dig has receded.

By far, the easiest is to choose another spot. Is that an option?

Not gonna move the site. Yard is somewhat small. No room for it anywhere else. I just spoke with the installer the company I purchased from uses. He said there's no easy solution. I dug a trench to channel the water around the site. I suppose it's a waiting game. We've had +10" of rain this month so I guess some ground water should be expected.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.