Solar Cover Users

AV8TOR,

I am in El Paso TX, If I leave my Solar Cover on year round, I have found it does not last that long, I would have to replace it yearly, So this winter I deceided to leave the solar cover off during the non swiming dates, Late Oct to beginning of March, that way I figure that I should get at least 2 yrs out of the solar cover. I have found that leaving the cover on during winter has NO advantages, once the water hits 50 degree, clorine use is minimum, so far as the blowing dust, well if you have the cover on it eventually ends up in the pool anyways, to get the most out of your solar cover is to use it when it is the swimming season. Just my opinion.

Rob

Yeah, what Rob said... plus, I hate the look of the thing. I only leave the cover on my pool during those transitional months (Mar-May, Oct-Nov) when I don't want to lose the heat I paid to generate for the pool. During the summer and winter, I much prefer the look of the pool without the cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.