Test kits

Welcome to TFP!

It really depends on where you store your reagents. If they are stored in a temperature-controlled environment that is out of direct sunlight, reagents should be good for at least two years. I have some that are older than that and are still giving consistent test results. In any event, if the reagents develop an off-color or appear blotchy or cloudy, I would replace them.

Welcome to the forum!

Generally, reagent shelf life is said to be one year from Taylor. Taylor is a leader in water testing, particularly regarding pool testing. That said most of the reagents will last a very long time if kept inside. The TF-100, which usues Taylor reagents is warranted for 18 months.

In my opinion, based on a lot of experience, some reagents will last for years and years. The important thing is to refresh them if there is any question. The small cost is easily justified considering how important accurate testing is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.