Stenner Install

sbpse

Jun 15, 2015
Austin Tx
Hi Everyone. Our PB hasn't even painted the outlines on the ground yet but here I find myself already trying to get everything planned out. Here in Central Texas all of the pool builders we spoke to gave warnings against and would not warranty stone work around a SWCG pool. One even showed us damage photos of coping. None of them refused to install it but all gave warnings citing our softer stone and water type being concerns. In addition I have browsed the SWCG sub-forum and there seem to be a ton of problem related threads. That being said I realize there are probably a lot more SWCG installs than Stenner installs.

Can someone elaborate on the level of upkeep for the Stenner other than just hauling the chlorine? I read in one thread someone talking about the hoses having a short lifespan, can someone elaborate on how often theirs have needed replacing? Have the prices of liquid chlorine gone up significantly over time?

None of the PB's here would acknowledge or offer installation of the Stenner, they all wanted to push their version of an even more intelligent automation like Intelli-Chem or similar. That being said I believe based on all of the above I am going to install a Stenner after the PB is done. They are installing an EasyTouch 4 and I believe the PB will be using it for LED light, Pump and valve for sheer descent. So I assume I can use it to control power to the Stenner and then program it on a schedule?

Just a thought. When they install your EasyTouch box have them wire a GFI ( there is a knockout for it) on the side of the box so you can easly plug your Stenner into it. Make sure that GFI plug is connected to one of the circuits so you can control it with your EasyTouch handheld remote. Works like a charm for me! Oh and by the way with the Stenner doing the work you will have more time for Margaritas!

- - - Updated - - -

Hello sbpse! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post about a Stenner install. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.

I usually replace the pump tube every year, but they'll probably last two or more years. On the fixed rate models, there's not much to do other than that. On the adjustable models, you need to lubricate the index plate and dog about once a year, and you'll probably need to turn the plate over after a couple of years and replace it at probably 4 or 5 years.

I have the black UV resistant feed tubing and it has lasted several years and is showing no signs of wear or aging.

Sorry I couldn't post again because of the problem with the incorrect post timings.
If they install a GFI plug connected to one of the circuits on the easy touch would I then be able to program power delivery to that circuit on a schedule?

You should be able to program one of the relays to whatever schedule you want and they can wire a receptacle to it to plug the Stenner into. I'd use a single receptacle just to differentiate it from any duplex convenience receptacles in the area and to discourage someone from plugging something else into it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'v had my stenner for 2 1/2 years. it's fantastic. Haven't had an algae outbreak since putting it in. Having said that, I did have to rebuild the motor on mine because water got in and rusted the moving parts. The water came from my sprinkler systems that shot water under the pump's provided rain hood.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.