Brick, New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I am trying to pump out some water to lower it below my sundeck (2 step levels) so I can spray on no-slip spray. I hooked up a hose to the hose bib on the pump. Turned on the pump and all is great down to the first step. Then went to go below the second step level and then it goes below the skimmer line and below the intake for the main drain shut off something or other (Once the water level gets too low, I think it triggers a ? the earth magnet) so no water flows through the main drain. So I hooked up my skimmer hose and turned on only that skimmer (water is below the skimmer intakes). The water comes in very slowly, it would take days to get down one step level. Does this all sound right? I dont want to go buy a pump but is that my only way? As an aside, I have noticed a lot of water now in 3 places behind my liner! Before this, there was none. We have had a LOT of rain and flooding so assume its all coming from the ground outside in with the lower water pressure/level.

I'm going to buy an $80 submersible pump. But it can suck water. I have the main drain and second skimmer off and one skimmer one with the skimmer hose attached and in the pool. But, it just doesn't seem to "pull" water with any great force.

I'm going to buy an $80 submersible pump. But it can suck water. I have the main drain and second skimmer off and one skimmer one with the skimmer hose attached and in the pool. But, it just doesn't seem to "pull" water with any great force.
No, it won't, because the skimmer well is probably empty and air can get in past the connector.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.