Pool Pilot Reversing Setting

pk1

Jun 13, 2007
My pool pilot soft touch has been set on power 2 and normal reversing and seems to work fine and have never had any scale on the cell. The manual states that improvements to the water balance can be had if you use the long reversing cycle setting. Any idea on what this would do. Not real clear on what the reversing cycle does in the first place.

Thanks,

pat

Pat,

The factory setting is for the electrical polarity to the cell to reverse every 4 hrs of operation. For water chemistry levels that are considered "balanced" according to the saturation index, there should be very little incidence of scale formation. The reversal of polarity changes the nature of the pH along the blades in the cell. Where scale builds up on one side of the blades, the opposite side of the blade has a low pH and descales the calcium. Balanced water can afford to switch to the LONG cycle, or on the Digital, it's the 8 hrs reversal.

What this does is allow a longer period of time before the polarity reversal, which increases cell life. However, keep an eye on the cell weekly, so that you can assure that scale is still not building up on the cell. If it stays clean, your cell life will be extended. Then you can switch to monthly visual inspections of the cell.

Hope this helps.

Sean,

I have a fiberglass pool with only 60ppm Calcium hardness. My fiberglass pool company isnt worried about that level but after reading this post...does low hardness create possible scale on SWG? I was planning to up my Calcium anyway but want to know how that might affect the SWG. Thanks. Dig48 here on Power 1 and 42% setting.

High calcium hardness, high TA and most importantly high pH lead to scaling. With your calcium as low as it is your water is fairly soft and you should have very little scaling problems.

God Bless!

Waterbear,

From my understanding you work at a pool store? Owner?

So let me see if i have this right...you work all day and people come to you with their pool problems and you try to help and recommend solutions. THEN you come here and do the same thing and dont get a penny for all that wisdom. I really appreciate all the knowledge you share on these forums and have read many of your posts. What I am sure took many years of experience to learn we can take and make our experiences a LOT less painful. Thank you for your time and look forward to your insights. Thanks for your time.

Lsbarkley

Re: God Bless!

lsbarkley said:
Waterbear,

From my understanding you work at a pool store?
yep
Owner?
nope
So let me see if i have this right...you work all day and people come to you with their pool problems and you try to help and recommend solutions. THEN you come here and do the same thing and dont get a penny for all that wisdom.
basically
I really appreciate all the knowledge you share on these forums and have read many of your posts. What I am sure took many years of experience to learn we can take and make our experiences a LOT less painful. Thank you for your time and look forward to your insights. Thanks for your time.

Lsbarkley
You are more than welcome. And that is the reason I do it! :wink:

You are more than welcome. And that is the reason I do it! :wink:

Waterbear, I LOVE YOU MAN!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

P.S. I enjoy reading your posts and appreciate your insight as well as everybody else's that are IN THE KNOW that give the time and seem to enjoy actually passing on the wisdom to the those that seek it. :bowdown:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

lsbarkley said:
Waterbear,

From my understanding you work at a pool store? Owner?

So let me see if i have this right...you work all day and people come to you with their pool problems and you try to help and recommend solutions. THEN you come here and do the same thing and dont get a penny for all that wisdom. I really appreciate all the knowledge you share on these forums and have read many of your posts. What I am sure took many years of experience to learn we can take and make our experiences a LOT less painful. Thank you for your time and look forward to your insights. Thanks for your time.

Poolio's comment deleted by Waterbear, a forum moderator

Edit by Waterbear:

Poolio, I have asked you nicely in private as a moderator of this board to please stop being so negative in your posts. Now you are publicly attacking me in a post and I do not find it funny at all! If you continue in this behavior I am going to consult with the other Mods and Forum Administrator about having you banned!

EDIT by TMQ to fix bb code

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.