Hello, first time pool owner

Janv

Jun 28, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Hi,

I recently bought a house and it has a pool. My pool knowledge is pretty much at zero. Up until recently we had a pool guy come and look after its needs but he will no longer be helping us out. The pool equipment that came with the house was quite outdated, a single speed pump and a Zodiac vacuum. So, I went the pool store and after talking to the sales person bought a Hayward VS pump and a Pentair Rebel vacuum. I have read a bit on the forum already, specifically about CYA levels, and this looks like a place where I can learn quite a bit.

HI! You are going to fit in real good around here! I love that you have already been reading up on things!

The first and most important thing you need to take care of your pool is a good test kit. See my siggy below for the ones we use and love.

Yeah I know the pool store will test your water for you but...........is it really free when you have to buy this or that? Most of the time the stuff does not work so you have to come back for more.

I are all about learning and taking good care of your pool. I am going to give you a couple of links to read.

Pool School - Getting Started

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

You will see from the link above that the stuff you will need to take care of your pool can be bought from Walmart! LOL How cool is that!

Kim