New AGP install!

jbarr

Jun 10, 2015
Deer Park/Texas
Well we had the pool installed Friday and it is just now full. The start instructions said to turn pump on and add stain and scale and wait 24 hours before adding anything else. Pool is not clear hoping once we add chemicals tomorrow morning it will clear up.

ran outlet for light and pump.
3de18a0589d75ffc61810399c0d7f9ad.jpg

645115d7ae9279f8ad24a3e5407934e8.jpg

fa6262114920ce130b839319d96644d0.jpg

c05a12bd8a047c95ebfcd0ade8122b3b.jpg

cfd47f7a0181391dcbf050f953b5ff14.jpg

f156c28950cd89f081e3b85ea309e5b0.jpg

Will start deck this coming up weekend.

That is a nice looking pool.

What test kit are you using? If you do not have one yet please look at my siggy to see the ones we use and love.

Yeah I know the pool store will test for free but..........is it really free if you have to buy this and that?????????

I am not sure what it is that you put in your pool already. Here is a link to show you what we use for out pools. Almost all of it can be bought at Walmart or such stores!

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Kim

J, Make sure your pump is off when you move the filter handle at all times. Only move the handle one way. I go clockwise for mine. It helps save the gasket under it.

After you backwash do a good rinse as well. That puts the sand back where it belongs in the filter.

Chlorine sticks? Test time-------What all does chlorine sticks and pucks add to the water?

What kind of stabilizer shock will you be adding?

Have you read this? (link below) If not please do so before you start adding stuff to your pool.

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

I am worried that you are adding all kinds of stuff to your pool that it does not need. It is costing your more money and may not be good for your pool in the long run.

Kim

Good to know. Just know you do NOT have to add it just because they gave it to you. Don't put something in that will do more harm than good-algazide that has copper is a good example. Look real close at what you have and read about it here to see if you really want it in the pool.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.