EcoStar Unions

Dokes

Jun 28, 2015
Monroe Township NJ
I would like to replace my pump with a Hayward Ecostar.
My current set up , with old a single phase hayward Superpump, has 1.5" in and out ports and my valves are all 1.5".
Ecostar shows 2" unions at the smallest.
Will the Eco work with 1.5 in-out adapters ?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Sure you can use reducer fitting as needed. Although why are you looking at such a large pump if your current Super Pump is adequate? There are smaller cheaper VS pumps, like the Super Pump VS or Maxflo VS or Superflo VS ... ov even cheaper to get a 2-speed motor for your existing pump so no plumbing is required.

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Still, nothing you said warrants a larger VS pump. You may not save enough in electricity with that pump over a 2 speed in only 5 months per season to warrant the added cost.

My Super Pump is now shot. Burnt up.
I had it off from yesterday noon until I returned home this afternoon.
I knew it was about go as I had done some surgery but it still sounded bad - it's more than 15 years old.
I checked out what you said & I'm about to order the Super Pump VS. (250 cheaper than ECO & no swap out problems! - Thanks)
A concern I had over the orientation of the program unit seemed resolved and I have enough power.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.