Always high PH

shane4

Jul 4, 2013
Ontario Canada
Anyone in southern Ontario and northern states who experience PH levels constantly creeping up no matter how balanced you get it?

I get everything in check and yet PH continually creeps up, especially after rain. All I can do is just keep dumping in the acid (I use dry or "PH Down").

I do not have a decent pool test kit. I know, I know I know this is a major need for a pool owner. But for some reason they are not readily available here in Ontario and when they are they are $$$. The pool store does testing for me, which is somewhat reliable at best but regardless, the numbers may not be accurate, but are consistent so they can still indicate a spike

No water feature.

Pool store's test indicates TA of 124ppm with a PH of 8.2

But to show how unreliable their testing is, 5 days later they indicated TA was down to 103ppm. Can the TA drop that quick?
Granted, I did add about 800grams of PH down (instructions on PH down were to add 100g per every 10,000 litre of water) but the second test also indicated PH was 8.1. So why did it not go down??????

arrrgggggg....

Any Ontario-ians out there know where to get a decent kit? I have tried the 5 pool supply stores in my area and some Ontario on-line based suppliers as well. All I can find is the digital reader, test strips and the $10 yellow and red liquid testers kits

Does customs get in the way of you ordering online? CAN$:USD is about 4:5 right now so the cost of a TF-100 is about CAN$55, but I wouldn't know if they add a surcharge at the border that would make it cost prohibitive.

Does customs get in the way of you ordering online? CAN$:USD is about 4:5 right now so the cost of a TF-100 is about CAN$55, but I wouldn't know if they add a surcharge at the border that would make it cost prohibitive.

Tftestkits can't ship to Canada. Somebody needs to be a middle man to get these people a good test kit at a reasonable price. Any takers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's an old thread on this board related to Canada. Search for "Place to buy test kits in Canada."

The thread is somewhat old so I would also do a Google search for "Taylor k2006 in Canada (Yahoo, Bing, whatever floats your boat)" or something of that nature. I have to believe there is a supplier somewhere, no?

Hope that helps. I don't mean to come off as a snotty American. I hope that is not the perception...:-|

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm in Ottawa, Ontario area and use Taylor K2006.
It is expensive in Canada, if you compare the price in US, but it's really worth it.
I also had high pH, but after lowering my TA from 175 to 70, it's way more stable now.
I used Muriatic Acid(31.45%), bought at Canadian Tire, to do it (took about 1 week, but wasn't very focused on aerating).
But, you will need a go test kit to do it right.
The K2005 is fairly easy to find in Canada, but your really want the K2006, NOT the K2005.

If you are not too far from the boarder you try to have it delivered to a UPS store, or use a friend/family in the State to ship/bring it to you (to save $).
If you can't get it from the US, you can find it for around 115$CAD + shipping(~15$) on the web.
US stores are not allowed to ship to Canada.

Tftestkits can't ship to Canada.

Is it because of the product and/or chemicals in the kit?

Does anyone know if it is ok to bring it across the border or will customs stop it? I could send it to a friend's PO BOX in NY State but not if he is going to have issues at the border trying to bring it across.

- - - Updated - - -

Think I got my answer in the "Good test kit / bad test kit" thread

thnx

Hope that helps. I don't mean to come off as a snotty American. I hope that is not the perception...:-|

No, not at all!

- - - Updated - - -

Lowry and Associates is the exclusive distributor of Taylor kits in Canada and they just happen to be in my town. I cannot access their online catalogue though as I believe their site has some issues. But I will pay them a visit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.