Is there a quick reference cheat sheet floating around?

Nomorepoolguys

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
All:

I have found all of the info required to handle pool chemistry, but is there a quick reference floating around? Something like this:

FC - between 1 and 4 PPM

If low, add...
If high, wait it out...

pH - between .... you get the point...

I can put something together quick enough, but before I re-engineer and op test a new wheel...

Cheers,

Ed

If you set up poolmath with chlorine source and pool finish in the last row of the table, it will autofill suggested levels for you and do the math to tell how much of each you need to add. Although one also needs to look at Effects of Adding Chemicals down lower, so one doesn't lower pH to 7.2 with MA and then add a bunch of CYA which is also acidic, or baking soda and soda ash to fix pH and TA individually but which will also drive TA far too high.

I suspect that in a month, you'll already know how much acid and bleach it takes to make your adjustments without even going near poolmath. It shouldn't be hard to figure out how much bleach it takes to raise FC by .5's

pH adjustments also require TA to calculate, so you're stuck using poolmath awhile until you get TA settled.

You'll learn your pool's personality quick enough. I know how much acid I need to add for every inch of refill water I add, and I just dump it into the hose stream which is right in front of the return.

Richard is right on. In my pool, 121oz of 8.25% is 3 ppm. It's pretty easy to add 1/3 jug, 2/3/ jug or the whole jug, depending on how many ppm I want to bump up. I never measure ounces of bleach. Close is close enough for me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.