Stubborn Pool Ladder Removal help

Jun 25, 2009
Wichita Falls, Texas
I need advice:)

The pool company came out yesterday to drain our pool. Monday, they are going to come back out and prep the pool and remove our old liner. On Tuesday, the new liner will be dropped and fit to our pool and then our pool will be filled.

My husband and I are worried because we had trouble removing our pool ladder several months to a year ago. My husband removed the bolt but the ladder wouldn't move any at all. He didn't put the bolts back in, but just left them laying next to the hole. Ughhhh. I tried pouring some coke on it to try to remove any corrosion, but I just can't get those bolts/screws back in at all. It's bad ?

Should we just let the pool company deal with this on Monday? I know it is their job to remove it, but I know they probably won't be expecting it to be this bad. I'm afraid they will charge us extra money, which honestly is okay with me if they can fix it (I just can't afford a huge amount to get it fixed) and if it is something I can do to help them, I don't mind.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

I will post a pic shortly.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently I am over my quota, so I cannot attach a pic sorry:(

- - - Updated - - -

Woohoo! Forgot I could use PHotobucket! :eek:

When you tighten the bolts, it pulls up an anchor wedge inside the cup and against the rail. You have to put the bolt in the hole and tap it down with a hammer to push the anchor wedge back down.

If you still can't get the rails out, try removing the ladder treads so that you can rotate the rails independently.

A rubber hammer can be used to hammer up on the rail to get it out.

The cups should be replaced.

Note that something looks odd about where the screw goes in. There should be a hole, but it looks full. Not sure why.

Exactly! It is full! I don't know why either? I don't know if dirt got into the hole (the metal ring thing was covering it). I just hope the pool guys can fix this tomorrow/remove it without charging us a fortune! :(

I am not home at the moment, so I never had a chance to go and just hammer the screw down into hole to see if that works.

Oh well. Hopefully this won't turn into some huge ordeal.

Thanks again! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.