Layton. Utah
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Ok so I dont hi-jack the other guys thread about switching back to using chem vs machine :D

So I am wondering if due to my extra high hardness of water, if using the SWG is just not going to work like i thought....

I cleaned off the cells last night, and cranked up the boost....(and really it doesnt seem to matter boost or no, just running it) but those things are as white as snow again, and I can see a decrease in bubbles from it..(guessing its productivity is back to near nothing)

So am i just going to be better off returning back to a normal Chlorine regiment??? My neighbor was over yesterday (so same water issues) and has his pretty much in check and was giving my pointers about it... Pretty much throw the puck in the filter chamber, and throw some shock in it every so often or as # of swimmers dictates.....along with a weekly dose of algacide..... he has been at it for 6 yrs now...

So what you think???

take it offline, or try to work through it...

and no tester yet, ill order 1 tonight, then got to wait for the shipping....

But I might order a sand filter, because with the amount of kids going through this pool...after 3 days my filter was NASTY....and i cant/dont want to...fork over $10 a week for a filter

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.