Too cold for SWG????

May 8, 2007
El Paso, Texas
I was checking my pool numbers and noticed by FC has dropped down to 2ppm, about 3 months ago I shut the SWG off (first winter with the SWG) and threw two pucks in the floater (I'm only at 50 CYA). I usually do this every winter(add 2 pucks) so I dont have to mess with the pool, the pucks are gone and I went threw the Pool Pilot Manual about a minimum "safe" operating temp, I couldn't find one, my question is can I turn my SWG on with my water at 47? I run my pump about 2 hrs a day, I was thinking about putting the Digi on boost cycle to gets some clorine in the water?

I also turned off my SWG a couple of weeks ago and have been using bleach. Very easy. My manual says (if memory serves me right) that the SWG will turn itself off when the water temp. drops to 50 or below.

Different brands of SWGs deal with low temperatures differently. The Pool Pilot units will only run at 1% when the water is very cold. Some other brands turn off completely. In general, when the water is very cold, below 50 degrees, you need so little chlorine that it is simplest to just pour a little bleach in once every couple of weeks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.