So done.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and often it's hard to take a picture that really captures what you are seeing in person.

I have no idea how spray deck is supposed to look, but I think I see what you mean. Are the chunks you mention along the bottom of the coping area, almost on the underside? That's where I see an issue. Again, that's probably something much more noticeable in person and while in the water. And you said it was a hard shot to take since you were in the water. I want my pool to look just as pleasing when I'm IN the water as when I'm not. You probably feel the same way.

The travertine: If you don't yet have that resolved and you're still wondering if it's worth pushing for a stone replacement, could you post another picture where the stones are all in the sun? Because of the shade, all the stones above the taped one look the same darkness or too dark. And all the stones below look too light.

I hope these issues can be resolved so you completely enjoy your pool. It's so beautiful. It's worth getting what you want considering all the money these things cost! Hoping for the best for you. Keep us posted! Suz.

This may not be relevant, but worth mentioning. When our electrician came out to quote the build, I asked him about our breakers in the house tripping quite a bit. He said that new code requires breakers that are very sensitive. Plugging in an older appliance or an appliance that is on can trip the breaker. (For example, I need to turn the vacuum off when moving from one outlet to another.) A lightbulb that has blown can also cause the breaker to turn off. He told me one client spent almost $3,000 trying to figure out why and it was a blown nightlight that had never been removed from an outlet, covered by a piece of furniture. Such a small thing was triggering the whole issue. I am not sure that this is related to what you are experiencing, but worth consideration. I am so sorry for the troubles. This should be a fun experience and I remember from my last build how awful I felt throughout the process. I am hoping these issues get resolved for you quickly.

so sorry. i know, i'm tired of the pool people still coming around. and we've had accident and issue after issue and a big dirt backyard, now, due to their mistake with thinking the backyard was to be all deck.
with your pb, don't u have to pay each time there is a warranty issue? be prepared for a response to that. it seems that within 30 days or something u shoudln't have to pay a copay. keep us informed as to what happens! i can imagine they will say the travertine is a natural stone and that's to be expected. i had to be there the day they did pavers for that reason, although marbella is pretty uniform, i did want them to move one piece and it was easy to do since they didn't lay it down yet. ask for what u want, though! my pebble looks wavy when i look down at it in the water, too. i got motion sickness the past 2 days looking at the details of the pool trying to see what they will have to fix when they come back out tomorrow to regrout and touch up on the pebble on the water tile line.

i wish u well! if u had a good salesman, maybe he would help u out? we had a salesman from that company, jim sherlock, who i heard did that for his customer there.

we haven't paid anything to California (or to the subs for that matter) for the work I mentioned above. One of our GVA valves decided it would ignore the stops and just spin around and around in a circle, they sent a guy out to replace that.

I cracked a return fitting when I bumped into it, so I had to pay for that. But I was able to find my own plumber.

no, calpool doesn't have a trip fee each time. the company that cbrach411 has may. i remember that's one of the reasons i chose calpools over the other company. i was specifically talking with them about in-floor heads at the time when they said there's a fee. i think $75 or something close to that. calpool told me yesterday that anything within 30 days of filling with water goes through regular scheduler and super with a "punch list." after that u go through warranty dept but i was assured everyone is really nice and the super would be glad to come out months down the road to explain things about cleaning the pool, running the pump... He said he'd rather be comfortable than have us not call. this guy is training to be the super in our area, so that's good news. we like him a lot.

cbrach411, i would think they have a 30 day rule, too, at a mimimum! your pb was telling me they have the best warranty around. i didn't agree, but i think it was still pretty good. i don't recall all the details now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.