upset about sealing and rain

outdoorsgal

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 24, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I didnt let the kids swim yesterday afternoon after i got the marbella all cleaned up, nor today, and they weren't going to swim tomorrow to ensure that the marbella was dry enough to seal 5am monday morn. now it rained for a lousy 5 minutes. was sort of a sprinkle so i'm tempted to just keep my plans to seal on monday. i have the day off and won't be able to seal, again right away if i dont do it monday. i also didn't let the pb go in the pool today when they showed up to install the bubbler since i told everyone pool was being prepped for sealing. i also scheduled the tile and pebble on friday to have plenty of time for the sealer to cure afterwards.

one of the guys at the tile place said i can seal the pool after 24 hrs of keeping it dry in this heat. another guy said 48 hrs. the first guy said a minimum of 12 hrs before we can use the pool after sealing it but the next guy said 72 hrs. the bottle of preserve outdoor protection says "ready for foot traffic in 2 hrs. fully cures in 24-48 hrs." i wanted to just seal it before going on vacay, 3rd week of july, but the paver guy said i would be making a mistake if i wait that long with the monsoons coming. well, they're here, so how can i determine if i'll have a solid 4 days of dry so that it's done properly. sigh. i don't want to do more damage than good.

i could see some areas where the rain did absorb (the entrance to the pool, where it got soaked after the kids were in the water for 4 hrs the other day) but a lot of it seems like it didnt get too wet with this 5 minute sprinkle. if it doesn't rain by monday morn if it were u would u seal or just wait until the monsoon or swim season is over? i didn't think i had to rush and the pb recommends against sealing (but the paver places says that's cuz most people don't understand sealing and use topical sealers, which u do have to then seal forever after sealing the first time).

if i seal it monday morn and there was a tiny bit of moisture in the marbella, i think it does a lot more damage than good? 20% chance of showers ugggh.
$40k pool. i'd sure like to swim in it! :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.