Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: About to take the Borax plunge!

1. Back To Top    #1

About to take the Borax plunge!

OK, before I do this are there any final suggestions? I've read the sticky article over and over again and I'm ready! (I think)

How soon can I add the second half of the borax / acid dosing?
    - 25K Gallons, Jandy AquaPure Model Pure1400 SWG w/ AquaLink RS PDA, Jandy LXi Heater Model 400
    - Jandy CV460 Cartridge Filters
    - IG Plaster Pool w/ rock waterfall & weeping walls, Elevated spill-over spa
    - 2 X Jandy Stealth SHPM2.5 pumps (one for pool, one for waterfall), Pool Pump ~ 100 GPM in pool mode
    - UltraPure UPP25 Ozone Generator, Polaris 280 w/ Polaris Halcyon booster pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: About to take the Borax plunge!

Quote Originally Posted by TroyB

How soon can I add the second half of the borax / acid dosing?
    Right after the first half. It's really a lot easier to do than it reads.

3. Back To Top    #3

When I did mine I just made sure that the pump was running to circulate everything, then waited about 30 minutes between major doses of chemicals.
    26,000 Gallon Gunnite IGP
    2 HP Challenger High Head Pump
    60sf Nautilus DE filter
    Polaris 280

4. Back To Top    #4

If you brush the pool in between the first half and second half like I outlined in step 5 of the how-to
    so-you-want-to-add-borates-to-your-pool-why-and-how-t4921.html
    it should take you about that long so you can just add the second half after you finish brushing.

5. Back To Top    #5

If the creek don't rise, I'll do it on Sunday.
    - 25K Gallons, Jandy AquaPure Model Pure1400 SWG w/ AquaLink RS PDA, Jandy LXi Heater Model 400
    - 2 X Jandy Stealth SHPM2.5 pumps (one for pool, one for waterfall), Pool Pump ~ 100 GPM in pool mode

6. Back To Top    #6

I forgot about the brushing part. I did that also. I have the fabulous Wall Whale brush that REALLY stirs up the water as you brush (and does a much better job of brushing, as it applies plenty of pressure on the brush).
    26,000 Gallon Gunnite IGP
    2 HP Challenger High Head Pump
    60sf Nautilus DE filter
    Polaris 280

7. Back To Top    #7

Well I couldn't wait. I just finished. 15 boxes and 4 gallons of acid. Not hard but a bit labor intensive.